1. Open Terminal
To open the terminal, Click on Dash icon on top of launcher or Press Windows logo key in your keyboard and type “terminal” and click on “terminal icon”.
2. Type the following command and press Enter key
sudo apt-get update
It will ask for your password. Type your password and press Enter. (you cannot see anything you type there)
3. Use mouse to copy and paste below command to your terminal. Or type it correctly.
sudo apt-get install ibus-m17n language-pack-si
Now press Enter key to begin the installation. Type “Y” and Enter to continue. You must have a working Internet connection to do so.
4. Restart the computer after the installation.
Step 2. Configuration
5. Click “En” icon on top right of the panel (Near the time display and Network Icon)
6. Select “Text Entry settings”
7. Click the + mark on the bottom left of the window
8. Type sin to view all the Sinhala input methods
9. Select “Sinhala;Sinhalese (Wijesekara(m17n))(IBus)”
10. Click “Add”
11. Close the Text Entry window
දැන් යතුරු ලියනය පටන් ගන්න.
භාෂා අතර මාරු වීමට Windows Logo key එක සහ Space key එක ඔබන්න.